Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sometimes it IS better to be lucky than good

So I have to admit I have a minor addiction to online gaming.  Not gambling mind you, but typically MMOs - Massively Multiplayer Games.  I've played AC, AC2, EQ, DAOC, AO, COH, and currently I've drifted back into WoW With the new release of their expansion.


But in addition to online gaming, I used to have another addiction called CCGs - Collectible Card Games.  In person (That's right, face to face) you go play in tournaments and actually I used to be pretty good, including doig fairly well in several PTQs - although never actually making it to a Pro event. That was a few years ago, and I drifted away from it as my career has progressed, but recently I settled back in for Magic Online - same game, new cards, still the ability to compete and win prizes.


Which leads to this rant: how come I can never seem to crack the big bombs?  I played a guy in draft last night that was playing some ridiculous mix of junk - 4 colors (which is unheard of in draft) that my well draftd, well thought out two color deck (featuring 6! removal cards and a nice curve from 2 to 5 drops, plus a Chronowhatever he is, the big beefy white guy that you can return to play by skipping a turn) only to get eaten alive by a freaking AKROMA in games 2 and 3.  This guy dropped land every frigging turn and on 8 WHACK out comes Akroma. She's a real wrecking ball for those that don't know.


For those that REALLY don't know, she's nearly impossible for anything other than a blue deck to get rid of - excet for a white deck.  Which I had - well, I was BW, which generally translates to exactly what I had - mostly all white aggression with black removal. I even sided in the janky gaze of Justice, but couldn't find it in time to save game 3. 


I'm whining now, so Ill stop, but the frustration lingers on.


4 colors, and cracked a frigging Akroma to wreck me.  I'm so bad at this game. 


Powered by Qumana


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home